On Presbytery financial matters, contact:
Budget and Finance Chair: Rev. Tim Johnson (315) 331-0299
The Presbytery shall have a Standing Committee on Budget and Finance. There shall be nine elected members. The Chairperson or surrogate shall be a member of the General Council. The treasurer of the Presbytery shall be an ex officio member without vote. The Committee shall have these responsibilities:
- To monitor monthly income and expense statements and report the same to Council.
- To provide for, review, and make recommendations concerning the annual audit of Presbytery’s financial records and report to the first Council meeting after the completion of the audit report.
- To review and have control of computer accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- To prepare an easily understood reporting form for financial statements for Council and Presbytery.
- To develop a budget format which separates program costs and administrative costs, and shows the division of per capita costs.
- To assist the Council as it carries out Budget Procedure in their role as Trustees.
- To represent Presbytery in its dialogue with units of Presbytery and Sessions concerning budget, per capita, budget timelines, etc.
- To recommend to Council the per capita budget based on requests received from committees.