For questions or suggestions regarding Presbytery’s directions for strategy and mission contact: Chair Ruling Elder Ellen Reynolds email@example.com
There shall be a General Council It shall be composed of the following: The Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Immediate Past Chairperson, the Moderator, Vice-Moderator and Immediate Past Moderator of Presbytery, the Treasurer, the Presbytery Representative to the Synod Mission Council, the Synod Commissioners (2), the Young Adult Advisory Delegate for Synod, The Commissioners to General Assembly (2), the Young Adult Advisory Delegate to General Assembly, the Chairperson of the Committee on Budget and Finance, the Chairperson of the Presbytery Nominating Committee, Chairperson of Committee on Ministry, Chairperson of Committee on Preparation for Ministry, Chairperson of Personnel Committee, Representative of Presbyterian Women, three persons who shall be nominated and elected from among those who have served on a Presbytery unit in the last three years, the Stated Clerk (without vote) and Presbytery leader (without vote).
The Chairperson of the General Council and Trustees of Presbytery shall be elected for a one year term upon nomination of the Presbytery Nominating Committee from among those who have served on the General Council within the past five years. In the case of an absence, the General Council shall elect a chairperson pro tem. The Stated Clerk of the Presbytery shall be Secretary of the General Council.
The General Council shall have the following powers and duties:
- Review the work of the Presbytery in the light of the goals and priorities and directions developed by the Synod and the General Assembly and to recommend to the Presbytery appropriate directions for strategy and mission within the Presbytery.
- Guide Financial Matters in consultation with the Budget and Finance Committee
- Consider and report upon all proposals and appeals for money.
- Present to the churches the budget of the mission and benevolent causes and agencies as adopted by the Synod and General Assembly.
- Develop, prepare, and propose the Presbytery Mission & Operations Budget in consultation with the Budget and Finance Committee.
- Approve the sale, mortgage, lease, or other encumbrance of the real property of Presbytery or any congregation, upon the recommendation of the session of that congregation. (G-4.01 Book of Order)
- Organize or dissolve churches, and adjust difficulties in particular churches, after appropriate action by the Presbytery.
- Consult with and help coordinate the work of administrative personnel.